Tracking Links in IZEA® Flex allows you to create customizable UTMs (Urchin Tracking Modules) for your Influencers to include in their sponsored social posts. A UTM is a simple code that can be attached to any URL to generate Google Analytics data for social media campaigns. Simply create your tracking link in the platform and send it to your influencer.
Creating Tracking Links
Pro tip: Have your destination link and UTM parameters on hand before starting this process.
- Once inside your account, select Tracking Links in the left-hand navigation.
- From here, select Add Link.
Your destination link will be the link where you are trying to drive traffic. This can be to your website, a specific product page, etc.
Link NameFor your link name, we recommend using a naming convention that easily differentiates this link from others that may exist. For example, you can use your influencer’s name, social channels or even a combination of the two with your campaign name.
- Example link name: Victoria Jones - FunsInTheFlaSuns - Spring 2022
Destination links are customizable using campaign variables. You will set these variables under the Configure UTM Parameters section.
- Source: Show which site the visitors are coming from.
- Medium: Show which marketing channels are bringing visitors to your site. Examples include, but are not limited to, email, social or cost-per-click.
- Campaign: Identify which campaign the promotion is associated with.
- Content: Identify the exact element on your ad or promotion users clicked. This is often used for optimization purposes.
A UTM term is a keyword that is used to send traffic back to your site or destination link. Terms can be used to help you identify specific keywords that are being clicked to drive traffic back to your site.
In Flex, you can organize your campaign by adding associations. By adding associations, you can build customized views of your campaign data.
- If you have not already created an association, you will see the option to create a new one.
- You can remove an association by clicking into your campaign and then navigating to the Associations tab.
- From here, select the icon to remove your association.
- Once you have finished adding your UTM parameters and associations, select Create Short URL.
Now that your link has been created, you can copy the link by selecting the icon and send it to your creator directly.
Editing Tracking Links
Caution: If you edit the short URL, you will need to provide the Influencer with the updated URL.
- Navigate to your link and select the icon.
- From here you will have the option to edit the tracking link and link settings. Once you have made your changes, select Edit Short URL.