Now that you have created your account, you will want to fill out all of the demographic information for your profile and social Connections. Providing this information will give Marketers an idea of who you are and what you talk about on social media, which will help them locate a specific fit for their Campaigns and also help you to stand out. Let's get started!
Table of Contents
1. Click the dropdown next to your name in the upper right corner of your account and then select Settings.
2. By default, upon clicking Settings, you will be sent to the Overview tab for your profile settings. This page is essentially the face of your account in the system. The information provided here (and all tabs for your profile settings) will be available for all Marketers to view.
The Avatar (ie: profile photo) you upload here will represent your entire account when Marketers search for Influencers in the system. Once you have finished filling out this tab, your information will automatically save in real time. For more details, please visit Profile Settings: Setting An Account Avatar.
3. After you have filled out your Overview tab, you will want to navigate to your Basic Info tab from the left navigation bar. There is a maximum amount of data you can select here (four items per section). As with your Overview tab, your information will automatically save in real time as you fill it out. For more details, please visit Profile Settings: Basic Information.
4. Next, navigate to your Family tab. This is a great place for you to tell Marketers a little bit more about your lifestyle. This information can help you to stand out when Marketers are looking for specific demographics for a particular Campaign, such as a toy Campaign for Influencers with children, or a pet product Campaign.
5. The Topics tab is a good place to provide Marketers with information about your interests and areas of focus. When Marketers are searching for Influencers to fulfill a particular Campaign (for example, a candy company is looking for Influencers who frequently post about food), they can search within a specific category to find Influencers who fit their target. If you have not supplied these details, you will not be returned in specific searches, so we recommend filling this section out to make yourself most visible.
6. The Gear tab lets Marketers know if you are capable of creating different kinds of video content. Virtual Reality Content, Aerial Videos, and Underwater Videos are topping the charts and we want you to be able to showcase your specialties. For more details, please visit Profile Settings: Filling Out Your Gear Tab.
Now that you have completed filling out your profile, you will want to add and optimize your social media Connections.
1. Click the dropdown next to your name in the upper right corner of your account and then select Connections.
2. You will be directed to a new page where you will be able to edit any social media accounts you have connected to your account. Hovering your cursor over a Connection will show a percentage signifying how much information you have filled out so far. To make yourself most visible, we recommend filling out all of your Connections to 100%. To get started, click View Details.
3. Depending on the Connection type, there will be various tabs to select within your Connection, each containing different information to be filled out. All Connections will have a Connection Overview and Target Audience tab, with the exception of Facebook and Instagram which will also have a Promoted Posts tab, and Blogs which will also have a Google Analytics tab. The steps in the following articles will walk you through how to complete those tabs:
- Facebook: Granting Marketer Access For Promoted Posts
- Instagram: Granting Marketer Access For Promoted Posts
- How Do I Connect My Google Analytics To My Blog?
4. The Connection Overview tab will contain the following, which we recommend filling out to completion:
- Asking Price - This is the amount you are willing to accept to work on a collaboration with a Marketer for this social media Connection.
- Communities - These are the general areas of interest that your social media Connection focuses on.
- Tags - These are keywords that describe your social media Connection.
5. The Target Audience tab will contain the following, which we recommend filling out to completion:
- Language - This is the language you use on your social media Connection.
- Age - This is the general age range of your followers (some social media platforms will provide this information to you, otherwise you can estimate this data).
- Income - This is the general income range of your followers (you can estimate this data).
- Gender - This is the typical gender of your followers (some social media platforms will provide this information to you, otherwise you can estimate this data).
- Ethnicity - the typical ethnicity of your followers (you can estimate this information).
6. When you have finished filling out all of the information for your social media Connection, be sure to click Update Details in the lower right corner to save your details.
7. Repeat the above steps for each of your social media Connections. You will want to ensure that each of your Connections (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) has every tab completed and saved. Once you are finished, hovering your cursor over a Connection will show the percentage of completion.