Adding your social connections in The Creator Marketplace® allows marketers to view the type of content you create. Any social connections added will be shown on your public profile, giving marketers a glimpse into your engagement rate, brands, audience and posts.
Additionally, social connections are used to enrich your listing by automatically including your most popular media elements, generating a description, adding your follower count and estimating a deal price.
Pro tip: We suggest adding all of your social accounts to your profile. This will open your profile up to more marketers.
There are two ways to add your social connections:
- The first way is to directly connect your social account via OAuth (Open Authentication). OAuth is a system that securely grants third-party websites limited access to your account. Verified social accounts add credibility to your profile, making it easier for buyers to work with you. This also allows us to build out your social profile and listings with accuracy to help you do what you do best — focus on content creation.
- If you choose to manually add your connection, pending the platform you have chosen, we will ask you to provide specific information about your social connection such as handle, URL, or follower count.
Please note: Not all social platforms have the ability to connect with OAuth at this time.
Adding Social Connections
- To begin, click the My Work button located in the site's navigation menu.
- If this is your first time adding a social connection, click Onboarding.
- If you have already added a connection, click Add Connection.
- Upon clicking Add Connection, a flyout will appear where you can choose which social platform you are adding. You will have the option to choose to add via OAuth or manually.
- If you choose to add your connection via secure OAuth by clicking Connect with, it will redirect you to that social platform to follow the authentication instructions they provide.
- If you choose to manually add your connection, pending the platform you've chosen, we'll ask you to provide specific information about your social connection such as handle, url, or follower count.
Removing Social Connections
You can remove your social connections from your profile at any time.
- To remove a connection, navigate to Settings. From here you will be taken to your Profile page.
- Scroll down to the Social Connections section and select Disconnect next to the social connection you would like to remove.