Your Campaign Analytics tab is divided into four sections: Overview, Metrics Report, Platform Report, and Creator Report. In this article, we will go over how to locate and understand the data displayed for Instagram Stories on the Platform Report section of your Campaign Analytics tab.
Please note: The metrics shown in this article are for illustrative purposes only, and are generated from a test account. These examples do not in any way represent actual results.
Locating Your Campaign Analytics
1. Log in to your Marketer Account, and from there navigate to Unity Workflow (which should be the default homepage when you log in). From there, select the Campaign you would like to view by clicking on the Campaign name.
2. From within your Campaign, click the Analytics tab.
3. You will then be taken to the Campaign Analytics for the specific Campaign you've selected. From here, select Platform Report.
4. After you click Platform Report, a new section will open up showing you the subsets of the Platform Report section. These will vary depending upon the Unit type(s) you selected when creating Project(s) for your Campaign. You will need to click each subsection individually in order to view the information for that particular section. In this article, we will be going over Instagram Stories analytics.
All Platform Reports will contain three main sections:
- Platform Performance
- Engagement Rate, Click-Through Rate, and TSV
- Followers by Post
The graph listed under Platform Performance for Instagram will contain five tabs that you can click on: Followers, Views, Likes, Comments, and Clicks. Hovering your cursor over a particular data point on each graph will provide you with the details for that specific date.
- Followers: This is the total number of followers for all of the Instagram accounts used within the Campaign. This information is pulled from the Instagram API, but we are only able to gather this data if the Influencer has an Instagram Creator or Instagram Business account.
- Views: This is the total number of impressions for all of the Instagram Stories within the Campaign. This information is reported by the Influencer.
- Replies: This is the total number of replies for all of the Instagram Stories within the Campaign. This information is reported by the Influencer.
- Clicks: This is the total number of clicks for all the Instagram Stories within the Campaign. This information is reported by the Influencer.
Engagement Rate, Click-Through Rate, and TSV
Below the Platform Performance Graph, you will find the total Engagement Rate, Click-Through Rate, and TSV.
- Engagement Rate: For Instagram, this metric is pulled from Instagram's API and is calculated by the following:
- For non-promoted posts, Engagements (replies plus shares plus tap-backs plus clicks) divided by Followers.
- Click Through Rate: For Instagram, this metric is calculated by the following:
- For non-promoted posts, Clicks divided by Followers.
- TSV: Total Social Value. This is the value that the Campaign delivered. TSV is determined by data pulled from Unity Workflow. It is the amount paid for all pieces of content plus the earned content based on Engagements. This metric is calculated by the following:
- Total Spent (found on Overview tab) plus (number of replies times worth of a comment) plus (number of clicks times worth of a click).
- To locate the worth of an Engagement type, select the Settings section on the left navigation.
Followers By Post
This last section will list metrics per each Influencer's Instagram post. Here you will see each Influencer who created a post, the date their post was published in the system (when Influencers submit their Story frames and metrics into the system to mark their posts as complete), their total number of Instagram followers, the total number of views their post received, the total number of shares their post received, the total number of replies their post received, and the total number of clicks their post received. Shares and replies will only show here if the Influencers have manually reported them when they submitted their metrics.