Applies to: IZEAx Unity Suite Starter, Standard, and Enterprise customers.
Unit elements can consist of hashtags, mentions, and links. It is important to include elements in addition to your project brief and post description as these will help influencers know what must be included in their post. You can add elements as either required or optional for influencers to use.
Table of Contents
Sponsorship disclosure is the FTC compliant way to let the public know that a post is sponsored, and by whom.
- For Facebook posts, disclosure options are automatically included for influencers to choose from, you do not need to add sponsorship to your elements for Facebook posts.
Hashtags can either be required or optional for an influencer to use in their post.
- If you choose to make a hashtag required, the influencer must use this hashtag in their post. However, you have the option to make the hashtag case sensitive. This would require the influencer to post the hashtag exactly as you type it here in order to submit their content for approval. If you leave this blank, the influencer can choose to post the hashtag with a variation of upper and lower case letters.
Facebook Branded Content Tool
Facebook requires all sponsored content on their platform to include the branded content tool. This requirement is programmatically added to all Facebook units, however you will need to specify the brand page to be used by influencers to denote partnership. The following example shows how the branded content tool will appear in influencer's posts on Facebook.
- To set the Page to be used for branded content, you can either click the dropdown menu to search for and click the brand page you need, or you can copy and paste the direct URL to the brand Page from Facebook and then select the brand from the dropdown menu.
- Be sure to read through Facebook's branded content policy and check the box after you have done so.
Mentions can be used to drive traffic to a specific Facebook page. Mentions can either be required or optional for an influencer to use in their post.
- To add a page mention click Add Elements > Mentions.
- From here you can either click the dropdown menu to search for and click the brand page you need, or you can copy and paste the direct URL to the brand page from Facebook and then select the brand from the dropdown menu.
- Once added, you have the option to make a page mention required or optional by selecting the checkbox next to Required.
- If it is set as required, then the influencer will not be able to submit their content without this page mention.
Links can be any website you would like influencers to include within the body of their posts.
- The link URL you type here will be programmatically shortened in the platform and will appear as shown in the below example when influencers receive it on their end:
- To add a link click Add Elements > Link.
- From here you will be able to enter a link URL and select if you would like it to be required by the influencer.
- Once you have included all of the elements you would like influencers to use for their posts, click Save Changes at the bottom right.