The Payments tab allows you to reimburse Creators for expenses incurred during a Campaign. Please note that this is not the process to pay a Creator for creating Sponsored Content or Content without distribution. All payments for content should be facilitated through the Opportunity process. The following article will walk you through sending a Payment to a Creator to reimburse them for expenses.
1. Click the Payments tab on the left-hand navigation.
2. If you have created any payments previously, they will appear here. To start a new payment, click the Send Payment button.
3. Enter the Payment Description and start typing the Creator's name in the Search box. A list of Creators will populate from your search. Click on the correct Creator account to add them to the Payment.
Click Add Payment Details to move to the next step.
4. The top portion of the Payments page will show the Creator's name, Description, an option to View their Profile, the Transaction ID number, and the Payment status. In order to submit your Payment to the Creator, you will need to add line items to the Payment:
- Date - This can be the date the expense occurred or the current date.
- Type - The Type of Payment being made. The Payment can be related to an expense for a Sponsorship or Content Opportunity or can be a general Expense or Misc Payment if not related to a Campaign. Selecting Expense or Misc will allow you to select a Merchant in the next step however, selecting a Sponsorship or Content type will not allow you to complete this field.
- Merchant - This option is only if you select an Expense or Misc Payment Type. This is a free-form field and is optional.
- Notes - Enter any necessary notes to describe the Payment.
- Amount - Enter the Payment amount.
Once you have entered all of this information, click Create Line Item.
5. The line item will be created below and a Transaction Fee will automatically be added. You can upload receipts or any other needed documentation by clicking the Upload Files button. If needed, you can Edit or Remove the line item by clicking the drop-down next to Upload Files.
6. Once you have added all necessary line items for the Payment, click Send Payment.
7. Once a Payment has been created, you may notice a few different Status Types:
- Completed - The Payment was accepted by the Creator and is complete at this time.
- Denied - The Payment has been denied by the Creator. Click View to see if the Creator included a reason.
- Pending - The Creator has not verified their account and are not eligible to receive the Payment until they do so. The Creator has seven (7) days from the Payment date to accept the Payment or it will be returned to your balance. The Transaction Date shows when the Payment will expire.
- Draft - A Payment that has been started but is not complete.
- Revision Requested - A request from either the Marketer or the Creator to change the Payment.
- Rescinded - A Payment Canceled by the Marketer.
- Expired - A Payment that was not accepted within the seven (7) days.