Creating an Opportunity is the first step on the road to receiving some great social content. Below we have provided some best practices to keep in mind while creating your Opportunity for Creators:
- Provide talking points- Creators are excited to write for you and your brand but they need a starting point to help kick-start the creative juices. Providing them with talking points & examples does exactly this!
- Include an Opportunity Icon Photo- This photo should really showcase what the Creators will be talking about. You can learn more about including an optimized Opportunity photo here.
- Include all links, photos, and other assets in the Opportunity- Providing these details will ensure the Creators know exactly what will be required in their post before they accept the offer. (If you are creating a photo update and have a photo that you would like the Creators to share, please provide a link to the image hosted online. We like to leave it up to the Creators to create their own content but understand the need to have them share a pre-made photo in some cases.)
- Allow the Creators to be creative- They may think of new ways to feature your brand or product that you may not have thought of previously.
- Check for typos before you submit your Opportunity- You can't expect Creators to post content that is error-free if your Opportunity is not error-free.
- Provide the Creators with a timeline- If this is a seasonal campaign and posts are needed to go live quickly, please mention this in the Opportunity.
- Utilize the Chat Feature- You can communicate directly with Creators regarding their content in the message center.
There are some restrictions when creating your Opportunities in the platform. Below we have provided some things to avoid when creating your Opportunities.
- Reach out to Creators outside the system- This is a direct violation of our Terms of Service and you risk your account being shut down and losing all available funds.
- Ask Creators to copy text word-for-word- Allow Creators to get creative and create fun content that you may not have thought of previously.
- Ask Creators to post "do-follow links"- As mandated by the FTC, all sponsored posts must include no-follow links to protect Marketers and Creators from search engine penalties based on paid linking.
- Ask Creators to leave out the disclosure- The platform programmatically includes disclosure on all Sponsored content.