Before connecting your Google Analytics account to the platform, you should check to ensure the Default URL and Website URL within your Google Analytics account match the URL you entered into the platform. This is a very important step as the platform may not display the correct statistics to Marketers if these URLs differ.
To verify your Default URL:
1. Log-in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Click on Admin.
3. Then navigate to the Property column and click on Property Settings.
4. Ensure that the Default URL matches the URL you connected to the platform. This would have changed if you purchased a domain and originally had a domain along the lines of "yourdomainname.blogspot.com" or another variation of this.
5. If your Default URL does not match the URL you entered into the platform we recommend opening your Blog in a new tab. From here you will want to copy your URL directly from the browser, paste it into the Default URL box, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to save these changes. This will successfully update your Default URL.
To verify your "Website's URL" in View Settings:
1. Click on Admin.
2. Under View click on View Settings.
3. Ensure that the Website's URL matches the URL you connected to the platform.
If your Website's URL does not match the URL you entered into the platform we recommend opening your Blog in a new tab. From here you will want to copy Website's URL directly from the browser, paste it into the Website's URL box, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to save these changes. This will successfully update your Website's URL.
4. Once you have ensured your Website's URL matches the URL you entered into the platform, you are ready to connect.
To connect your Google Analytics to The Platform:
1. Log into your account.
2. Click on your name at the top of your account and the on Connections.
3. You will notice your Blog connection at the top (if you have already added it) says "Your Blog is not connected to Google Analytics. Connect Google Analytics." Click the link located in the red notification box to connect Google Analytics.
4. A pop-up will appear asking you to Authorize the platform to have read-only access to your Google Analytics account. Click the Authorize button.
5. Congratulations, your Google Analytics has been successfully connected!
If you are still not able to connect your Google Analytics, please open a ticket here. Our Creator Love team will be happy to assist you!