This article will walk you thorough bidding on content only opportunities and also negotiating your bid and kill fee. Please note that Content only opportunities are for Freelance Writers, Graphic Designers, Videographers and Photojournalists who have published work with highly regarded publications. If you have question regarding your eligibility for these opportunities, please see this article.
Bidding on Content Only Opportunities:
1. Log into your account and click on Content on the left hand side of your Creator dashboard to access your Content Only Opportunities.
2. You will see all of your open opportunities in the Open bids section of your Creator Dashboard. The number in the blue oval next to Open Bids lets you know how many opportunities are available for bid.
3. If after reading the Overview and Ideal Candidate description the opportunity seems like a good fit for you, you can start the bidding process by clicking the Bid button.
4. Once on the bidding page you will need to set the price you wish to be paid and negotiate your Kill Fee with the Marketer. The Kill Fee will be set initially by the Marketer, but if you wish to negotiate this price you may.
5. Next you will need to write your pitch to the Marketer. This is your chance to stand out from other Creators by telling the Marketer exactly why you should be chosen for their campaign. Please note, it is unnecessary to include pricing detail in your pitch as you are already providing this information in your bid.
6. In order to place your bid you must remember to check the Terms and Conditions box. If you do not check this box you will not be able to submit your bid. Once you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions don't forget to submit your bid or save it as a draft if you need to come back to it.
7. Once successfully submitted, you will see the opportunity under the Pending tab on your dashboard. Remember that bidding on an opportunity does not guarantee that the Marketer will accept it. If the Marketer has negotiated your offer it will appear in the Actions Required tab under In Negotiation.
Negotiating Your Bid and Kill Fee:
1. You will notice two different prices. The Bid price will appear on the left hand side and your Kill Fee will appear on the right hand side. You may choose to either Accept this offer by clicking on Accept or choose to Negotiate or Decline the offer by clicking on the down arrow next to accept.
2. If you choose to negotiate the Bid or Kill Fee you will be take back to the opportunity review page. Here you will see a yellow box letting you know the Marketer has negotiated your prices. You will be able to view all of your negotiations with the Marketer on this page, and can also place your new Bid and Kill Fee prices. Once you have suggested your new prices hit Submit. You may continue to negotiate with the Marketer until you both agree on pricing.
3. If the Marketer accepts your new Bid and Kill Fee you will see your offer move to the Actions Required tab under needs content. If you would like to accept their negotiated prices, simply click Accept and your offer will move to Actions Required tab under needs content. Once your offer moves here you are ready to create your content. Simply click on Create to get started!